Date: Feb 15, 2017, 11:03 PM
The 40th annual South High Marathon Dance will be held on March 3 and 4 at the South Glens Falls Senior High School located on Merritt Road. Due to the size of the event, the following parking and traffic flow procedures have been implemented.
- To facilitate the flow of shuttle buses and traffic, we ask there to be NO PARKING on either side of Merritt Road or Elmwood Drive starting at 3:00 p.m. on Friday, March 3 until 11:00 p.m. Saturday, March 4.
- Parking at the Senior High School will be limited to current Marathon Dance recipients, handicap, and those with special permits. Several 15 minute parking spots will be in place for those who need to pick-up or drop-off items. Dancer drop-off Friday night will be the same process as in past years.
- Parking for volunteers and spectators, with bus shuttles, will be available at Tanglewood Elementary School, Mr. Bill’s, Kingpin’s Alley, United Methodist Church, and the First Baptist Church.
- Volunteers and Alumni should plan to park at Tanglewood Elementary School; shuttle busses will start running from this location at 4:30 p.m. on Friday, March 3.
- During times when the bus shuttle is not running (11:00 p.m. Friday, through 7:00 a.m. Saturday), the parking lot at the Senior High School will be open.
- A bus shuttle will run from designated parking areas to the Senior High School, cycling continuously, during the following times: Friday, March 3, 5:15 p.m. – 11:00 p.m.
Saturday, March 4, 7:00 a.m. – 9:30 p.m. and re-starting after Dance Finale This parking plan is being implemented due to the limited parking at the high school and the need to keep roads leading to the school open for traffic flow. During the event, the Marathon Dance can be viewed live, online, at www.shmd.org. Please visit www.shmd.org, Facebook www.facebook.com/shmdlive, or Twitter @shmdnow for additional information. Specific questions regarding parking at the High School, designated parking areas, and bus shuttles should be directed to the Marathon Dance Parking Supervisors at email@example.com. We thank the community members, patrons, and volunteers for their patience, anticipated cooperation, and continued support to the South High Marathon Dance and students of South Glens Falls.