Date: Jan 30, 2017, 3:02 PM
In an effort to ensure coordinated outreach and continuity of information shared with the public, the South High Marathon Dance (SHMD) has established the following policy regarding media and press, including broadcast news stations, radio, newspapers, journals, magazines, etc.
Official Sources of Information
The Marathon Dance has established a web and social media presence to share information with the public. Official sources include the South Glens Falls Central School District website at www.sgfcsd.org, the Marathon Dance website at www.shmd.org, Facebook www.facebook.com/shmdlive, Twitter @shmdnow and Instagram at @SHMDNOW.
Prior to the Event
For additional information regarding the event, including arranging for a visit to the school prior to the event and/or to interview student chair people, committee members, volunteers, or recipients, media sources are to contact us at Media@shmd.org.
Visiting the Event
The South High Marathon Dance is open to the public Friday, March 3 from 6:00 p.m. through 10:30 p.m. and re-opens to the public on Saturday, March 4 at 7:00 a.m. An official schedule of events can be found on the website at www.shmd.org. If you plan to cover the event, contact the Media Group at Media@SHMD.org to arrange in advance for a media credential, learn about check-in procedures, and make specific reporting requests. Upon arrival at the event, please report to the designated Media Desk, located in the Bulldog Entrance near the Concession Stand, to sign in and receive your credentials.
Please take note of the following:
- The Marathon Dance will maintain a record of all press visits.
- Press may be required to present credentials prior to being given access to interview, video, and/or photograph at the event.
- All press will be issued credentials to be visibly displayed during their visit to the event.
- Press may not be permitted in certain areas, which may be restricted to staff or recipients only.
- Due to the tight schedule, it may not be possible to accommodate certain video footage, live or recorded, photos, interviews, etc.
- All interviews are subject to approval of the Marathon Dance Advisors.