Import Dates for SHMD 2014
Deadline for Marathon Dance Recipient Requests - Wednesday, January 1
South High Marathon Dance
The students of South Glens Falls High School will host the 37th Annual South High Marathon Dance in the South Glens Falls High School Gym on March 7-8 , 2014. In March 2013 the students, and the community that supports them, raised $489,716.27 bringing our grand total, over 36 years, to more than $3.639 million!
Interesting facts about the dance:
- The dance has donated money to over 259 causes and individuals in the last 36 years
- In 2013 the students who plan the dance selected 40 worthy causes to donate their funds to.
- In 2013 the SHMD Travel Team will be returning to Richmond, VA for the 6th Annual Deep Run Marathon Dance at the end of March (www.mddrhs.org)
- A committee of students plans the dance
- The first dance involved about 50 dancers. In 2013, more than 800 students signed up to participate.
- More than 90% of the school’s population participates in the dance